Holidays are over and now it’s time to work on the new goals for the year. Over 90% of people make the “resolution” to loose weight on January 1..EVERY.SINGLE..YEAR! How many really stick to it? They become bored with it. They want instant results. They set themselves up for failure by not planning.
This brings me to my topic of the day today. How many of you actually plan snacks for during the day or for road trips? Having a 2 year old, who eats 12 hours a day (I would LOVE to have her metabolism!!!), makes me plan even more then I already do. So whether we are going on a 2 hour car ride trip or running errands for the day; I have to have an emergency snack kit on hand with me.
Having one for her gives me the confidence that I won’t ruin all the better choices I have made throughout the day with getting that king size candy bar in the check out line.
I have a small container that stays in the car and has snacks for myself, husband, or our 2 year old princess. And (drum roll please!) here are the details of the snack kit that you have been waiting for:
- Granola and Protein Bars: These are my favorite because they can also be thrown in my purse/diaper bag if we are heading into the store.
- Trail Mix: I am a huge fan of making it myself. I add almonds, M&Ms, cashews, peanuts, chocolate chips, and coconut flakes!
- Popcorn: This is made the day of the trip and put into small baggies.
- Goldfish Crackers: This is just for the little princess. She enjoys these and if we are going for a long car ride..whatever makes her happy makes for a happy mommy and daddy. (within reason of course!!)
- Fresh fruit: This is also added the day of. We usually take a small cooler if we are heading out for the day and the fruit will be added into the cooler.
What are your favorite snacks for road trips? If you need ideas or even maybe some birthday gifts; Head over to Nuts.Com and check out their products and ideas. They have some fantastic ideas and gifts.