So I have completely fallen off the bandwagon. Life gets busy, things happen, and I get back into old routines and habits. Usually the first habit to creep back in is not making the best choices when I am eating. It becomes whatever is fast and easy especially when you have 5 little ones ranging in ages 8 months – 3 years running around the house 5 days a week. NO MORE! Old habits may be hard to break but taking time for myself should be #1 priority.
I have teamed up with Chobani to bring you ways burn 100 calories in a day! There are many ways that you can do this. The choice is yours!
Increase your step goal by 100 steps! We are all becoming obsessed (including myself!!) with how many steps a day and it’s becoming more of a competition. My average step goal is between 5000 and 8000 steps a day, which I thing that it is a good average being that I never leave my house during the day and I am running a home daycare. I have made it a point to push myself to get 100 more steps in the evenings before bed. This doesn’t take much time. Right before bed, I usually pace around my home for a few extra minutes
If you don’t have a lot of time in the evening just taking 10 mins and jog (in place, if you have to) and that short amount of time of jogging will give you an extra 100 calories burned for the day.
If you are a parent, you know that “the days are long but the years are short” — take an extra 25 minutes out of your day, unplug and play with your children. Get outside and take a walk around the neighborhood, talk to them about their day, or if they are younger talk to them about things in nature that you see. Make an obstacle course (inside or outside) and join in the fun with them. Before you know it, the 25 mins will turn into an hour and you and your children are making memories and burning calories all at the same time! #doublewin
Now I am not a HUGE yogurt fan but I did try the new Chobani 100 crunch before writing out this because I am one who writes about things that I enjoy or agree with. I can say that the blueberry cookie crunch was one that I will be purchasing again. (Side note: brain fog was heavy that day and a picture didn’t get taken!) But I can tell you that it was not only tasty but also a much better choice then some.
Most people believe that yogurt no matter what brand it is. You really need to read ingredient labels because some yogurts have added sugar. aspartame, and other not so good for you things added.
The Chobani Simply 100 line (crunch or not) is all about making healthier choices.
The Chobani Simply 100 line (crunch or not) that you can find here is all about making healthier choices.
So tell me…
How are you burning 100 more calories a day? Have you tried the new Chobani Simply 100 Crunch yogurt? Which one was your favorite?
Reward if found!
Lack of motivation has been around lately. I find it while I’m spending a few
hours minutes on Pinterest or browsing Instagram but then after I am done browsing, the motivation leaves. The negative talks outweigh the “I can do it” conversations. The “it takes to long” “I get bored” excuses come flowing like there is no tomorrow. Then the frustration with myself starts and it’s time to repeat the process.
I really want to be able to be one of those success stories. I want to be able to show my daughter that I can do this for her, for me. I WANT and NEED to do this. I need to feel better during the day. I want to be able to feel good about myself. Mentally I know that it will take longer then a day but it’s like my brain just won’t grasp that concept. It won’t hold onto that reality of this journey.
So tell me…
How do you keep the motivation?
Holidays are over and now it’s time to work on the new goals for the year. Over 90% of people make the “resolution” to loose weight on January 1..EVERY.SINGLE..YEAR! How many really stick to it? They become bored with it. They want instant results. They set themselves up for failure by not planning.
This brings me to my topic of the day today. How many of you actually plan snacks for during the day or for road trips? Having a 2 year old, who eats 12 hours a day (I would LOVE to have her metabolism!!!), makes me plan even more then I already do. So whether we are going on a 2 hour car ride trip or running errands for the day; I have to have an emergency snack kit on hand with me.
Having one for her gives me the confidence that I won’t ruin all the better choices I have made throughout the day with getting that king size candy bar in the check out line.
I have a small container that stays in the car and has snacks for myself, husband, or our 2 year old princess. And (drum roll please!) here are the details of the snack kit that you have been waiting for:
- Granola and Protein Bars: These are my favorite because they can also be thrown in my purse/diaper bag if we are heading into the store.
- Trail Mix: I am a huge fan of making it myself. I add almonds, M&Ms, cashews, peanuts, chocolate chips, and coconut flakes!
- Popcorn: This is made the day of the trip and put into small baggies.
- Goldfish Crackers: This is just for the little princess. She enjoys these and if we are going for a long car ride..whatever makes her happy makes for a happy mommy and daddy. (within reason of course!!)
- Fresh fruit: This is also added the day of. We usually take a small cooler if we are heading out for the day and the fruit will be added into the cooler.
What are your favorite snacks for road trips? If you need ideas or even maybe some birthday gifts; Head over to Nuts.Com and check out their products and ideas. They have some fantastic ideas and gifts.
Wow! Can you believe it? We are already almost a week into 2016. I have decided that this year, I want to accomplish 33 things. Why did I pick that number? Simple! Because I will be 33 in 2016!
So here is my list: I will come back in 365 days and see where I am at! So here’s to 2016!!!
- Read 12 books
- Loose 52 lbs
- Walk 10,000 steps everyday (approx 1780 miles!)
- Ride my bike more
- Unplug at night
- Become a 3 star rated daycare program
- Transition Baby P into her big girl bed
- Find our forever home
- Take time for myself
- Start night yoga
- Become healthier (80/20 works for me!)
- Complete 5 craft projects
- Take Baby P camping at least 3 times
- Meal plan weekly..EVERY WEEK!
- Blog at least twice a week…EVERY WEEK!
- Stress Less
- Visit somewhere new
- Step out of my comfort zone and try something new
- Successfully finish at least one round of Whole 30.
- Get outside more
- Learn to love myself for who I am
- Turn off the TV
- Really listen and be present
- Get the whole house organized
- Feel comfortable in my own skin
- Love harder
- Get all of our friends together at least one time this summer
- Move more during the day
- Organize pictures
- Decorate the house
- Learn to say “no” and not feel bad about it
- Join a club or something to get more me time
- ENJOY, LOVE, and LIVE everyday!
What do you want to accomplish in 2016?
Now that 2015 is over it’s time to get down to business! I am going to make 2016 MY year! Some of the bad habits have crept back in throughout the last 2 months (thank you holidays!!!) and I can feel it; mentally and physically. It’s my time to shine!
I am not one to keep or make “resolutions”. To me it means to resolve something and I am not resolving anything, I am setting goals for myself. Goals that I can obtain. Goals that I can create to make myself better both physically and mentally.
The goals I have for 2016 are:
- Make time for myself – This is important because I truly believe that I’m order for myself to become healthy I need to take the time for some me time every once in awhile.
- Lose 52 lbs – Why 52? That gives me the realistic goal of 1 lb a week! I will not stress on the number of the scale. I am only going to weigh myself once a month and I will keep track of it.
- Drink more water – This has been lacking a lot in the last 2 months. I have needed caffeine and I am seeing the bad habits of having a can of pop or worse yet resorting to the worse (energy drinks).
- Get organized – I am OCD in the organizing dept and I have been slacking and it is bothering me something fierce.
So tell me. Are you making goals for 2016? What are some of your goals that you are setting for you self?
Well another month has started..where is this year going?
The start of a new month means a new set of goals. Personally I think that short term goals help the most and keep me motivated throughout this journey. I have joined in an Instagram March photo challenge with The Journey of Jesi (go check her out! Tell her Ashley sent you!!) and our first day was about our goals for this month.
What are your goals for March? Let me know in the comments and let’s keep each other accountable!
I am officially (almost) a full month into my Weight Watchers journey! Has it been easy? Absolutely not! Do I still want to eat tons of
crap not so healthy things? Absolutely!! I have been staying in my points range pretty much everyday, which is a huge step for me in general. I have to say that seeing the results so far have given me the motivation that I have needed some days.
Found Via Pinterest
So today I got up and was determined to face the scale…gain or not! I was going to do it. I did it and I am officially -6 lbs in almost a month!!! If I continue this, I will meet my goal weight by November. That would mean it would take me less then one year to do what I have been trying to do forever. That right there is motivation in itself. I know that some days will be harder then others, but I need to do this for me. I need to do this for my daughter to be the role model I want to be for her. I need to do this to feel better about myself. I need this!
Anything exciting happening to you?